For me, this is where science, art, food, life learning, and love homogenize.

Sunday, March 16, 2008

Ultimate Green Smoothie

It's time to get this party started and what better way than to post my favorite green smoothie recipe! I have one of these nearly every morning and when I don't, I have one later in the day. my 6 month old LOVES it. Without further ado, here is the recipe with LOTS of wiggle room. Scale up as desired:

One extra large handful of spinach leaves
~1 C H2O
A generous splash of coconut milk (or fresh coconut milk ice cube)
~ 1T flax seed oil
1 frozen banana

The amount of water you add depends on the amount of spinach added and the desired thickness of the resulting smoothie. I prefer mine on the thick side. Sometimes I add some flax seed meal or wheat bran if I'm feeling adventurous. Pineapple and mango also make a lovely addition:)

making the green smoothie

Directions:

I have a Vitamix so I just throw everything in there together and blend. In my pre-Vitamix life, I blended the spinach together with the liquid ingredients and then added the banana in small chucks and blended.


green smoothie


Enjoy one every day!

No comments: